Basic pizza dough
Sunday 14 February 2010
1 tbsp instant dried yeast
1 tsp salt
400g/13oz plain flour
1 cup of lukewarm water
Sift the yeast, salt and flour into the bowl of an electric mixer and turn on. Add a tablespoon of oil to the water and beat into the dry ingredients. Knead for eight minutes. By hand, it will take about 15. Transfer the dough to a bowl greased with a little oil. Cover with a tea towel and allow to rise for 90 minutes until doubled in size. Punch the dough to knock out the air and fold in on itself. Allow to rest, covered, for 40 further minutes. It is now ready to use.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Labour rallies behind Flint as deputy leader to offset a Corbyn win
- 2 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 3 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds
iJobs Food & Drink
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...