Beetroot and feta salad
Saturday 21 May 2011
Beetroot and feta are the kind of items you may find already in your fridge, but if not they are easily sourced from shops and supermarkets and, combined with a few leaves, they make this lovely early-summer salad. It's always better if you cook your own beetroot, but some of the pre-cooked beetroot on the market is of pretty good quality and make this dish even easier to create if you're in a rush.
150-200g cooked beetroot, skins removed
A few small tasty salad leaves like rocket, watercress, landcress etc
60-70g good-quality feta cheese
Peeled segments from 1 orange
2tsp white wine vinegar
A squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the beetroot into wedges or even-sized chunks and arrange on serving plates with the salad leaves, orange and feta. Mix the vinegar, lemon and olive oil and season to taste, then spoon over the salad.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Rice Bucket Challenge: India's take on the Ice Bucket Challenge 'for Indian needs'
- 2 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 Rubble Bucket Challenge: Ice Bucket Challenge adapted in solidarity with Gazans whose homes have been destroyed in conflict
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Make sure you know the new rules from 1 October or risk £1,000 fine
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...