Beetroot and feta salad
Saturday 21 May 2011
Beetroot and feta are the kind of items you may find already in your fridge, but if not they are easily sourced from shops and supermarkets and, combined with a few leaves, they make this lovely early-summer salad. It's always better if you cook your own beetroot, but some of the pre-cooked beetroot on the market is of pretty good quality and make this dish even easier to create if you're in a rush.
150-200g cooked beetroot, skins removed
A few small tasty salad leaves like rocket, watercress, landcress etc
60-70g good-quality feta cheese
Peeled segments from 1 orange
2tsp white wine vinegar
A squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the beetroot into wedges or even-sized chunks and arrange on serving plates with the salad leaves, orange and feta. Mix the vinegar, lemon and olive oil and season to taste, then spoon over the salad.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 I like Corbyn, but let's face it: we don't need another white man at the head of a political party
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...