Makes 8 servings
Sunday 20 February 2011
At home I make a big bowl of this most nutritious breakfast cereal a couple of times a week and feed it to the children as well as myself every morning. It is both fortifying and delicious and one of the best things about it is that it is there ready to eat – thus avoiding the fraught running around in the morning trying to feed everybody while at the same time searching out matching socks, hairbrushes and school books.
350ml/12fl oz apple juice
3 apples, grated
6 tbsp plain yoghurt
3 tbsp honey
Place the oats in a bowl and pour the apple juice over the top. Add the grated apple and stir well to combine.
Cover and place in the fridge for a couple of hours minimum – although the muesli will happily sit in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Spoon into a bowl and add the yoghurt and honey, stir well, add fruit to your taste (such as rhubarb) and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...