Makes 8 servings
Sunday 20 February 2011
At home I make a big bowl of this most nutritious breakfast cereal a couple of times a week and feed it to the children as well as myself every morning. It is both fortifying and delicious and one of the best things about it is that it is there ready to eat – thus avoiding the fraught running around in the morning trying to feed everybody while at the same time searching out matching socks, hairbrushes and school books.
350ml/12fl oz apple juice
3 apples, grated
6 tbsp plain yoghurt
3 tbsp honey
Place the oats in a bowl and pour the apple juice over the top. Add the grated apple and stir well to combine.
Cover and place in the fridge for a couple of hours minimum – although the muesli will happily sit in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Spoon into a bowl and add the yoghurt and honey, stir well, add fruit to your taste (such as rhubarb) and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
GTA 5: Christmas arrives in Los Santos as update brings snowball fights, festive jumpers and a homing missile launcher
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 New route to Mars could make manned mission much cheaper and easier
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...