Blueberry and borage jelly
Lots of gardens have borage growing and I think most people don't even use it. The pretty little blue flowers traditionally would have been used in Pimm's, but over the years all sorts of fruit and veg have found their way into the summer cocktail. And borage complements the blueberries in this jelly perfectly.
50g caster sugar
4 sheets leaf gelatine
350ml clear apple juice
30 or so borage flowers
Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 3-4 minutes until soft; remove and squeeze out the water. Meanwhile, bring 100ml of water to the boil, add the sugar and stir until dissolved, then remove from the heat and stir in the gelatine leaves until fully dissolved.
Add the Pimm's and apple juice then half fill 4 individual jelly moulds, or one large one, with the jelly liquid and stir in half of the blueberries and borage flowers. Put in the fridge for an hour or so to set, then top up with the rest of the blueberries and borage flowers and unset jelly. This allows the berries to stay suspended and not float to the top. Return to the fridge for an hour or so. Turn out, and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
iJobs Food & Drink
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...