Makes enough for 1 pudding
Saturday 04 December 2010
This may just be my favourite thing of all about Christmas – cold, sweet, rich butter slipping down the side of a steaming Christmas pudding. Don't use caster sugar; it will give the butter a grainy consistency.
200g/7oz unsalted butter, softened
400g/13oz icing sugar
3 tbsp Armagnac
Place the butter and icing sugar in a food processor and blitz until smooth. It should have a luxurious consistency and drop easily from a spoon. Stir in the brandy. Place in a bowl and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Life & Style blogs
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
- 1 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...