Makes about 10-15
These are perfect with ice-cream. Start by making a circular template from an old plastic container (an ice-cream box, for instance). It needs to be about the size of a cereal bowl – it's handy if you leave a thumb-sized piece at the end to hold on to. Cut out a hole in the centre to about 1cm within the edge, and you have a template over which to spread the mix.
125g soft butter
125g caster sugar
125g strong flour
1tsp ground ginger
The finely grated zest of 1 orange
Gently warm the butter and glucose in a pan. Transfer to a bowl; slowly mix in the rest of the ingredients to form a smooth paste. Store in the fridge until required.
Place the template on a non-stick oven tray, spread a thin layer of the mix over the template then lift it up to leave a thin circle of the mix. Repeat to fill the tray; bake for 6-8 minutes.
Leave to cool so the brandy snaps stay as flat biscuits, or roll them over a rolling pin or bottle to make them curved.
Store in an airtight container for up to 48 hours.
Life & Style blogs
Blood test that predicts Alzheimer's disease
Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
Lego told off by 7-year-old girl for promoting gender stereotypes
Mapping the tubes: The hidden world of undersea cables that make up the internet
Titanfall: Release date, gameplay basics, DLC and everything else you need to know
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Bus...
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...