Broad beans and peas with mozzarella and Parma ham
Sunday 09 May 2010
The key to getting the best flavours out of all the lovely spring produce that is currently available is to keep it very simple and to dress just before eating.
180g/6oz podded broad beans
200g/7oz podded peas
1 tbsp olive oil, plus a little more for drizzling
The zest of a lemon and juice of half a lemon
3 fresh balls of mozzarella
1 bunch of mint
12 slices of San Daniele or Parma ham
Cook the beans and peas then dress with the oil, lemon zest and juice and season with salt and pepper.
Tear each mozzarella ball in half and divide between six plates.
Arrange two slices of Parma ham on top of each and scatter over the peas and beans.
Season with a little more salt and drizzle over a little more oil. Serve straight away.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to remain as expensive, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
Every hospital patient will be given a barcode as part of plan to create a 'paper free' NHS
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 4 Netherlands to withdraw food and shelter from failed asylum-seekers after just 'a few weeks'
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...