Broad beans and peas with mozzarella and Parma ham
Sunday 09 May 2010
The key to getting the best flavours out of all the lovely spring produce that is currently available is to keep it very simple and to dress just before eating.
180g/6oz podded broad beans
200g/7oz podded peas
1 tbsp olive oil, plus a little more for drizzling
The zest of a lemon and juice of half a lemon
3 fresh balls of mozzarella
1 bunch of mint
12 slices of San Daniele or Parma ham
Cook the beans and peas then dress with the oil, lemon zest and juice and season with salt and pepper.
Tear each mozzarella ball in half and divide between six plates.
Arrange two slices of Parma ham on top of each and scatter over the peas and beans.
Season with a little more salt and drizzle over a little more oil. Serve straight away.
Actress isn't a fan of Ed Miliband
Do you qualify – and how do you get it?
The Mayor of London's sister, Rachel Johnson, apologises for shocking tweet about the PM
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Revealed: Lidl’s £4 perfume smells identical to Chanel’s £70 scent - but the difference is in the bottle
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
- 1 Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
- 2 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 5 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
iJobs Food & Drink
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...