Broad beans with yoghurt and dill
Sunday 25 April 2010
Broad beans are a staple in the Middle East and are glorious at this time of year. Sweet, young broad beans need not be double-podded – their outer skin is still soft and not woody, as they are towards the end of their season. This is a simple recipe – delicious as part of a mezze plate or lovely as a little side-dish.
250g/8oz broad beans
40ml/11/2fl oz fruity extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium-sized bunch of dill
The juice of half a lemon
150ml/5fl oz thick Greek-style yoghurt
1 small pinch of sweet paprika
Start by podding the broad beans, and place a pot of well-salted water on to boil.
Once the water is boiling, add the beans and cook for one minute, then drain and place in a bowl.
Pour over the olive oil while the beans are still warm, season with a little salt and toss together well.
Chop the dill finely, scatter over the beans, and squeeze over the lemon juice.
Place in a serving bowl and spoon over the yoghurt, then gently, and with restraint, sprinkle over the paprika, and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...