Broad beans with yoghurt and dill
Sunday 25 April 2010
Broad beans are a staple in the Middle East and are glorious at this time of year. Sweet, young broad beans need not be double-podded – their outer skin is still soft and not woody, as they are towards the end of their season. This is a simple recipe – delicious as part of a mezze plate or lovely as a little side-dish.
250g/8oz broad beans
40ml/11/2fl oz fruity extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium-sized bunch of dill
The juice of half a lemon
150ml/5fl oz thick Greek-style yoghurt
1 small pinch of sweet paprika
Start by podding the broad beans, and place a pot of well-salted water on to boil.
Once the water is boiling, add the beans and cook for one minute, then drain and place in a bowl.
Pour over the olive oil while the beans are still warm, season with a little salt and toss together well.
Chop the dill finely, scatter over the beans, and squeeze over the lemon juice.
Place in a serving bowl and spoon over the yoghurt, then gently, and with restraint, sprinkle over the paprika, and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
30,000 to 35,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: We are currently recruiting on...
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...