Buffalo mozzarella with peaches, figs and San Daniele prosciutto
Sunday 08 August 2010
This recipe is light in feel and taste – and it takes only a few minutes to prepare. Here it is pictured on an individual plate, but it is also lovely served on a large platter and placed on the middle of the table for all to share. It is important that the fruit is at its very best. Prepare this dish as close to serving as possible – preferably as you are sitting down to eat.
3 very ripe peaches
6 ripe figs
6 balls of mozzarella
12 slices San Daniele or Parma ham
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the basil oil
1 generous bunch of basil, leaves only
Pinch of sea salt
80ml/3fl oz olive oil
Start with the oil: chop the basil finely and place in a bowl with a pinch of salt, then pour over the oil and stir to combine.
Now slice the peaches in half, remove the stones and tear into generous-sized pieces.
Tear the figs and the mozzarella in half. Arrange all the ingredients attractively on a plate.
Season generously with salt and pepper, spoon over the basil oil, and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Can SkySaga capture the Minecraft magic?
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
NHS could triple number of weight-loss surgeries to reduce number of obese Britons
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
iJobs Food & Drink
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...