Buffalo mozzarella with peaches, figs and San Daniele prosciutto
Sunday 08 August 2010
This recipe is light in feel and taste – and it takes only a few minutes to prepare. Here it is pictured on an individual plate, but it is also lovely served on a large platter and placed on the middle of the table for all to share. It is important that the fruit is at its very best. Prepare this dish as close to serving as possible – preferably as you are sitting down to eat.
3 very ripe peaches
6 ripe figs
6 balls of mozzarella
12 slices San Daniele or Parma ham
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the basil oil
1 generous bunch of basil, leaves only
Pinch of sea salt
80ml/3fl oz olive oil
Start with the oil: chop the basil finely and place in a bowl with a pinch of salt, then pour over the oil and stir to combine.
Now slice the peaches in half, remove the stones and tear into generous-sized pieces.
Tear the figs and the mozzarella in half. Arrange all the ingredients attractively on a plate.
Season generously with salt and pepper, spoon over the basil oil, and serve.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...