Buffalo mozzarella with peaches, figs and San Daniele prosciutto
Sunday 08 August 2010
This recipe is light in feel and taste – and it takes only a few minutes to prepare. Here it is pictured on an individual plate, but it is also lovely served on a large platter and placed on the middle of the table for all to share. It is important that the fruit is at its very best. Prepare this dish as close to serving as possible – preferably as you are sitting down to eat.
3 very ripe peaches
6 ripe figs
6 balls of mozzarella
12 slices San Daniele or Parma ham
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the basil oil
1 generous bunch of basil, leaves only
Pinch of sea salt
80ml/3fl oz olive oil
Start with the oil: chop the basil finely and place in a bowl with a pinch of salt, then pour over the oil and stir to combine.
Now slice the peaches in half, remove the stones and tear into generous-sized pieces.
Tear the figs and the mozzarella in half. Arrange all the ingredients attractively on a plate.
Season generously with salt and pepper, spoon over the basil oil, and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Should Apple buy Greece?
- 2 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 3 Drummer Lee Rigby's family reject 'extremist' groups using Woolwich murder for political gain
- 4 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 5 Fox News anchor asks 'what's to prevent' three people from marrying after same-sex marriage legalised
iJobs Food & Drink
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...
£25000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£25K + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Plumber / Mainten...