Celeriac rémoulade with Parma ham
Sunday 07 March 2010
Celeriac is nutty and sweet, and the depth and richness of this dressing beautifully balances the smokiness of the ham. A scattering of walnuts strewn over at the last minute completes the dish. Serve as a starter, or as a light lunch accompanied by some crusty, peasant-style bread.
For the dressing
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 tbsp crème fraîche
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
24 very fine slices of prosciutto
A handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
A few sprigs of parsley
Put the mustard in a bowl and stir in the crème fraîche. Add a small pinch of salt and a couple of grindings of black pepper. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the salad.
Using a sharp knife, cut away the outer layer of the celeriac, cut the remainder into eighth-inch rounds and then into fine batons. Spoon over the dressing and toss together lightly but thoroughly – your fingers are the best tools. Place a little dressed celeriac on to each plate, followed by a slice of prosciutto, and continue to layer. Scatter over the walnuts, a little very finely chopped parsley and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...