Saturday 25 June 2011
I've used ice-cream with a few of the cherries in these pancakes, but you could also use crème fraîche if you wish.
1 medium egg
1tsp caster sugar
Vegetable oil for frying
4 scoops of good quality vanilla ice-cream
For the sauce
200g cherries, stoned
2tbsp cherry brandy
First make the pancakes. Whisk the flour, the egg and the teaspoon of sugar together with one-third of the milk until smooth. Whisk in the remaining milk; strain if necessary.
Heat a medium-sized non-stick frying pan, rub with a little vegetable oil, and then pour in a little pancake mix, tilting the pan immediately so that the mixture spreads evenly. Turn after one minute with a spatula or pallet knife. Continue with the rest of the mix. If you are making lots, make them in advance and stack them up between greaseproof paper then re-heat in the oven for a minute before serving.
To make the sauce, put the sugar in a saucepan with the cherry brandy and 100ml water, bring to the boil, dilute the cornflour in a little water and stir into the sauce. Simmer for a minute then remove from the heat, leave to cool a little, then add the cherries.
To serve, warm the pancakes as above, place a ball of ice-cream just off centre with a few of the cherries and fold the pancakes in half, then half again, into a triangle and place on serving plates.
Spoon the rest of the cherries and sauce over.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Windows 10: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' to unveil latest operating system
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...