Chicken and prawn salad
Saturday 28 May 2011
This is a classic "surf and turf" salad in which you could use up leftovers from an unfinished roast chicken or you can just grill some chicken breasts or thighs. You can use pre-cooked or raw prawns for this and just griddle or pan-fry them.
2 large free-range chicken breasts
24 cooked medium to large prawns, peeled
2-3 handfuls of small, tasty salad leaves, washed and dried
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
1tbsp white wine vinegar
1tsp Dijon mustard
2tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
2tbsp olive oil
Preheat a ribbed griddle pan or heavy frying pan. Season the chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, then leave to rest for a couple of minutes. Whisk all of the ingredients together for the dressing and season.
To serve, cut the chicken into 6 or 7 slices and arrange on serving plates with the leaves and prawns; spoon over the dressing.
Life & Style blogs
Victoria's Secret models star in new nude Russell James book
Spider app launched to help arachnophobes identify the creepy-crawlies they find at home
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
More women are now playing video games than men
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Watch a man race the Circle line and win
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 5 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...