Chicken piccatas with polenta, black olives and rosemary
I always find these are a real bargain, especially when you bat them out into little escalopes. I always keep a bit of a stockpile of these and duck under-fillets in the freezer so that I can rustle up a cheap and tasty light supper.
8 chicken under-fillets, lightly bashed out between some clingfilm
100ml extra virgin olive oil
20 black olives
A few sprigs of rosemary
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the polenta
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
1 bay leaf
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
A pinch of nutmeg
75g quick-cooking polenta
100ml double cream
75g freshly grated parmesan
First, make the polenta. Bring the milk to the boil in a thick-bottomed pan, then add the garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper and nutmeg.
Simmer for 5 minutes and then whisk in the polenta.
Cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring every so often so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
Add the cream and parmesan and cook for a further 5 minutes. Cover with a lid or clingfilm to keep hot.
Heat half of the olive oil in a pan, remove the leaves from the rosemary, add to the f pan with the olives and remove from the heat. Heat a ribbed griddle pan until it is almost smoking and brush with a little olive oil, season the chicken fillets and grill briefly for 30-40 seconds on each side.
To serve, spoon the polenta on to warmed serving plates, arrange the chicken on top and spoon over the olives, rosemary and olive oil.
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Strange lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
Chloe Sevigny poses with a lobster on her crotch in a daring shoot for Marfa Journal
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils Nessie Street View and homepage Doodle
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
iJobs Food & Drink
£21K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Front of House Receptionist to provide th...
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...