Chocolate and cranberry brownies
Makes 14-18 pieces
For me, the real test of a great chocolate brownie is that it's so gooey and rich in chocolate that you're only just able to pick it up. I've added some dried cranberries here, but there is no reason you shouldn't use cherries instead if you prefer.
250g unsalted butter, melted
70g cocoa powder
110g good-quality dark chocolate, melted in a bain-marie or microwave
5 eggs, beaten
500g caster sugar
140g plain flour
110g walnuts, chopped
100g sun-dried cranberries
1tsp baking powder
Preheat the oven to 175C/gas mark 4. Mix the butter, cocoa powder and melted chocolate together. In a mixing machine, or by hand, whisk the eggs and caster sugar until they are light and fluffy. Mix this with the melted chocolate and butter, chopped walnuts and cranberries.
Next sieve the flour and baking powder together and carefully fold it into the mixture. Line a deep baking tray with buttered greaseproof paper, pour in the mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes. The brownie will still be soft once cooked.
Leave to rest in the baking tray for an hour or so before turning out and cutting.
Life & Style blogs
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy nurse who killed herself in a Swiss clinic accused of doing it for 'publicity'
Five ways to boost your Vitamin D levels
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Apple bug Thunderstrike 2 leaves Macs vulnerable to worm, could give hackers control of computers and go entirely undetected
- 1 Katie Hopkins questioned by police over allegations of inciting racial hatred after migrants article
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 4 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-diver missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 5 US bookshop offers Go Set A Watchman refunds over false marketing as 'nice summer novel'
iJobs Food & Drink
Circa £26,500 DOE: Guru Careers: An International Project Coordinator / Accoun...
£25k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Plumber / Mainten...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...