Chocolate and cranberry brownies
Makes 14-18 pieces
For me, the real test of a great chocolate brownie is that it's so gooey and rich in chocolate that you're only just able to pick it up. I've added some dried cranberries here, but there is no reason you shouldn't use cherries instead if you prefer.
250g unsalted butter, melted
70g cocoa powder
110g good-quality dark chocolate, melted in a bain-marie or microwave
5 eggs, beaten
500g caster sugar
140g plain flour
110g walnuts, chopped
100g sun-dried cranberries
1tsp baking powder
Preheat the oven to 175C/gas mark 4. Mix the butter, cocoa powder and melted chocolate together. In a mixing machine, or by hand, whisk the eggs and caster sugar until they are light and fluffy. Mix this with the melted chocolate and butter, chopped walnuts and cranberries.
Next sieve the flour and baking powder together and carefully fold it into the mixture. Line a deep baking tray with buttered greaseproof paper, pour in the mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes. The brownie will still be soft once cooked.
Leave to rest in the baking tray for an hour or so before turning out and cutting.
Life & Style blogs
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
Fashion Revolution Day: wear your clothes inside out and ask #whomademyclothes to support worker welfare
The world's first edible garden of cake
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 2 Black Mass trailer: Johnny Depp might have started making good films again
- 3 Jacob Lescenski and Anthony Martinez: Straight student asks gay friend to High School prom and makes a million Twitter friends
- 4 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...