Chocolate and cranberry brownies
Makes 14-18 pieces
For me, the real test of a great chocolate brownie is that it's so gooey and rich in chocolate that you're only just able to pick it up. I've added some dried cranberries here, but there is no reason you shouldn't use cherries instead if you prefer.
250g unsalted butter, melted
70g cocoa powder
110g good-quality dark chocolate, melted in a bain-marie or microwave
5 eggs, beaten
500g caster sugar
140g plain flour
110g walnuts, chopped
100g sun-dried cranberries
1tsp baking powder
Preheat the oven to 175C/gas mark 4. Mix the butter, cocoa powder and melted chocolate together. In a mixing machine, or by hand, whisk the eggs and caster sugar until they are light and fluffy. Mix this with the melted chocolate and butter, chopped walnuts and cranberries.
Next sieve the flour and baking powder together and carefully fold it into the mixture. Line a deep baking tray with buttered greaseproof paper, pour in the mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes. The brownie will still be soft once cooked.
Leave to rest in the baking tray for an hour or so before turning out and cutting.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 The 13 obscure UK laws you didn’t know you were breaking
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...