Chorizo and padron peppers on toast
Spanish padron peppers are readily available in good supermarkets and specialist delis these days, as are cocktail cooking chorizos.
2tbsp olive oil
8-10 mini cooking chorizo or 2-3 large ones
200g padron peppers, washed
4 slices of focaccia or sourdough
Halve the mini chorizo lengthways or slice the larger ones. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chorizo on a low heat for 4-5 minutes, turning them as they are cooking.
Add the peppers to the pan with the chorizo and continue cooking for a few minutes, turning as they are cooking until they soften a little.
Meanwhile, toast the bread and serve the chorizo and peppers spooned on top.
Life & Style blogs
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
Fashion Revolution Day: wear your clothes inside out and ask #whomademyclothes to support worker welfare
The world's first edible garden of cake
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 2 Black Mass trailer: Johnny Depp might have started making good films again
- 3 Jacob Lescenski and Anthony Martinez: Straight student asks gay friend to High School prom and makes a million Twitter friends
- 4 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...