Cocktail: NY toast
Borrowing from the claret snap in a New York sour, this gently spiced drink is a perfect tipple hand to usher in the New Year.
Thursday 31 December 2009
2 cardamom pods
20ml pineapple juice
15ml sugar syrup
10ml lemon juice
15ml red wine – something fruity and lightly tannic
Dash angostura bitters
Gently press cardamom seeds and cloves in bottom of a shaker. Add rum, brandy, sugar syrup and juices; shake with cubed ice, double strain into a champagne flute without ice. Mix red wine and bitters, float snap over drink.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...