Cocktail: NY toast
Borrowing from the claret snap in a New York sour, this gently spiced drink is a perfect tipple hand to usher in the New Year.
Thursday 31 December 2009
2 cardamom pods
20ml pineapple juice
15ml sugar syrup
10ml lemon juice
15ml red wine – something fruity and lightly tannic
Dash angostura bitters
Gently press cardamom seeds and cloves in bottom of a shaker. Add rum, brandy, sugar syrup and juices; shake with cubed ice, double strain into a champagne flute without ice. Mix red wine and bitters, float snap over drink.
Marvel has released the first teaser trailer a week early after it leaked online
Life & Style blogs
Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
Fake goats’ cheese found in supermarkets
Alternatives to cow’s milk can cause Vitamin D deficiency
Handy hacks that make life easier: New book reveals how to rid your inbox of spam, protect your passwords and amplify your iPhone
St Bees in Cumbria is named the best place to raise a family in the UK
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure' for paralysis
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...