Coconut and apricot slice
Sunday 27 January 2013
These are a favourite with the kids – as their attention span can be quite short, I'll often bake the first layer on my own then call them over to help with the topping.
150g/5oz butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
150g/5oz golden caster sugar
100g/3½oz dessicated coconut
100g/3½oz self-raising flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
150g/5oz ready to eat dried apricots, roughly chopped
For the topping
150g/5oz dessicated coconut
75g/3oz golden caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tbsp apricot jam
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Grease and line a 15cm x 20cm baking tray with parchment paper, leaving a little overhang.
Mix the melted butter, sugar, coconut, flour and egg. Spoon into the tin and spread the mixture out into an even layer. Dot the chopped apricots over the top. Bake for 15 minutes.
For the topping, mix the coconut, sugar and egg until combined. Remove the slice from the oven, spread over the jam and use 2 spoons to spread out the coconut mixture in a rough, even layer.
Return to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely in the tin before cutting into slices.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5 battery replacement offered by Apple
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Ebola outbreak: 'Resilient and remarkable' British victim William Pooley administered experimental drug in UK
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...