Coconut and mango quinoa
I'm using the quinoa here like a rice pudding. You could use any fruit you like.
200g quinoa, soaked in cold water for 2 minutes then washed and rinsed
120g caster sugar
400ml coconut milk
1 large or 2 small mangoes, peeled, stone removed, flesh diced into 1cm cubes (reserve any trimmings of the flesh)
Put the quinoa in a saucepan with the milk and sugar, bring to the boil and simmer for about 5-6 minutes; add half of the coconut milk; continue simmering until tender and the seeds are separating from the germ.
Remove from the heat, add the rest of the coconut milk and f give the occasional stir as it cools. The consistency should be like a creamy rice pudding; if it's a bit dry then add some more coconut milk, or normal milk.
Take the mango trimmings and any flesh near the stone that can't be diced and blend in a liquidiser. To serve, spoon the quinoa into serving bowls, spoon the mango purée in the centre and scatter the diced mango over.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
More than two thirds of smokers are killed by diseases caused by tobacco use, says study
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...