Coconut and mango quinoa
I'm using the quinoa here like a rice pudding. You could use any fruit you like.
200g quinoa, soaked in cold water for 2 minutes then washed and rinsed
120g caster sugar
400ml coconut milk
1 large or 2 small mangoes, peeled, stone removed, flesh diced into 1cm cubes (reserve any trimmings of the flesh)
Put the quinoa in a saucepan with the milk and sugar, bring to the boil and simmer for about 5-6 minutes; add half of the coconut milk; continue simmering until tender and the seeds are separating from the germ.
Remove from the heat, add the rest of the coconut milk and f give the occasional stir as it cools. The consistency should be like a creamy rice pudding; if it's a bit dry then add some more coconut milk, or normal milk.
Take the mango trimmings and any flesh near the stone that can't be diced and blend in a liquidiser. To serve, spoon the quinoa into serving bowls, spoon the mango purée in the centre and scatter the diced mango over.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...