Cooking with seaweed
Monday 07 December 2009
A new Irish cook has published a book of seaweed recipes claiming the ingredient is full of cancer-busting properties.
‘Prannie Rhatigan’s Irish Seaweed Kitchen’ is a comprehensive guide to healthy everyday cooking with seaweeds. It is a 288 page, full colour hardback with sections on Irish seaboard lore, recipes old and new, nutritional information and personal anecdotes combined with the faintest hint of nostalgia in a refreshingly original mix of common sense and practical cookery.
Over 100 colour photographs and original line drawings represent not simply the foods featured, but also provide a glimpse of a unique west of Ireland lifestyle and landscape. Rick Stein and many other famous Chefs have contributed their own favourite recipes using different seaweeds.
In this video Prannie talks about what inspired her to write the book, how people react when they first try eating seaweed and also the potential health benefits of seaweed on illnesses such as cancer.
Life & Style blogs
Reader dilemma: 'Our son is 34 with an IQ of 85, and spends all his time in his room. What will happen to him when we're no longer here?'
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Reader dilemma: 'Our son is 34 with an IQ of 85, and spends all his time in his room. What will happen to him when we're no longer here?'
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...