Cooking with seaweed
Monday 07 December 2009
A new Irish cook has published a book of seaweed recipes claiming the ingredient is full of cancer-busting properties.
‘Prannie Rhatigan’s Irish Seaweed Kitchen’ is a comprehensive guide to healthy everyday cooking with seaweeds. It is a 288 page, full colour hardback with sections on Irish seaboard lore, recipes old and new, nutritional information and personal anecdotes combined with the faintest hint of nostalgia in a refreshingly original mix of common sense and practical cookery.
Over 100 colour photographs and original line drawings represent not simply the foods featured, but also provide a glimpse of a unique west of Ireland lifestyle and landscape. Rick Stein and many other famous Chefs have contributed their own favourite recipes using different seaweeds.
In this video Prannie talks about what inspired her to write the book, how people react when they first try eating seaweed and also the potential health benefits of seaweed on illnesses such as cancer.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...