Crostini di fegato
Sunday 19 December 2010
Particularly Tuscan, these little crostini are rich yet delicate. Serve while the chicken livers are still warm, as they are not nearly as nice when served at room temperature.
500g/1lb chicken livers
150g/5oz unsalted butter
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
2 fresh marjoram leaves, finely chopped
200ml/7fl oz chianti classico
1 tbsp capers, finely chopped
75ml/3fl oz aged balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and black pepper
1 ciabatta loaf, cut on the diagonal into 2cm slices
Using a sharp knife, cut away any membranes from the livers. Roughly chop. Heat the butter in a pan until just foaming, then add the livers.
Cook for three minutes or until the livers are nicely brown. Add the garlic, marjoram and wine and cook until the wine has evaporated.
Remove from the stove and add the capers and balsamic vinegar. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
While the livers are cooking, toast the bread on one side – this will allow the bread to have bite while still absorbing the juices from the livers. Serve.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...