Ewe's milk blue cheese and purslane salad with honey
Saturday 21 August 2010
While I was having breakfast at the lovely Copsa Mare Guesthouse (copsamare.ro) just outside of Biertan, we tasted some fabulous, slightly salty, ewe's milk blue cheese. No one knew where it was made or what it was even called, so I was unable to find any information about its provenance – just use your favourite blue cheese for this dish.
Likewise, I found this purslane growing wild in the guesthouse garden. Purslane is an annual succulent which can be eaten like salad or spinach leaves – but if you can't get hold of it, you can use any small tasty salad leaves.
A handful of purslane or small salad leaves, washed and dried
150-180g blue cheese
2tbsp clear honey
A few chives cut into 4-5cm lengths
Arrange the salad leaves on serving plates, then break the cheese into nuggets and arrange on the leaves. Spoon the honey over the salad and serve with the chives scattered over.
Life & Style blogs
Hundreds of Scottish women to launch damages claims against makers of the vaginal mesh implants which have left them in constant pain and even unable to have sex
25 years of the World Wide Web: Tim Berners-Lee explains how it all began
The Web is 25: Let's look at some baby photos of your favourite websites
Apple's iOS 7.1: How to get iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
Is the secret to liberation from the cares of this world a two-word curse?
- 1 Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
- 2 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 3 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Rampaging elephant smashes up house but then 'saves crying baby trapped under debris'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Exc...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...