Field mushroom lasagne
Saturday 21 May 2011
This is not a lasagne strictly speaking, but it's quick and easy to knock up for a single portion as a vegetarian. You can use just field mushrooms or a mixture for this.
1-2 sheets of lasagne
A good knob of butter
1 large shallot, peeled, halved and finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
150-200g field mushrooms, sliced
120-150ml double cream
1tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently cook the shallots and garlic for a minute, add the mushrooms and cook with a lid on for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally until they begin to soften.
Add the cream, season and simmer for a few minutes until the cream thickens. Stir in the Parmesan and parsley; re-season if necessary. There should be a good amount of sauce to coat the mushrooms; if not, add a little more cream and simmer again.
Meanwhile, cook the lasagne sheets in boiling salted water according to the cooking instructions; drain.
To serve, lay a sheet of lasagne on a warmed serving plate, spoon over the mushrooms, reserving a spoonful of the sauce. If you wish, you can lay a second layer of lasagne and spoon the rest of the sauce on top.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Why do we have eyebrows? The social significance of our silent communicators
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 4 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 5 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...