Fillet of lamb with crushed minted peas
This makes good use of the tiny lamb pencil fillets from under the saddle, which you can buy at good butchers or supermarkets.
2 lamb pencil fillets
A little vegetable or corn oil for frying
120g podded weight of fresh or frozen peas
A handful of mint leaves
A good knob of butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A handful of pea shoots
2 slices of sourdough or bloomer bread
1tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
Put the peas in a saucepan, cover with water and cook for 6-7 minutes until tender, add the mint leaves, simmer for another minute, then drain. Coarsely blend them in a food processor with the butter, then season to taste and keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the lamb fillets for 2-3 minutes, keeping them nice and pink.
Toast the bread on both sides then spoon on the crushed peas. Next, slice the lamb fillets and place them on top, along with the pea shoots; spoon over some olive oil.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...