Fillet of lamb with crushed minted peas
This makes good use of the tiny lamb pencil fillets from under the saddle, which you can buy at good butchers or supermarkets.
2 lamb pencil fillets
A little vegetable or corn oil for frying
120g podded weight of fresh or frozen peas
A handful of mint leaves
A good knob of butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A handful of pea shoots
2 slices of sourdough or bloomer bread
1tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
Put the peas in a saucepan, cover with water and cook for 6-7 minutes until tender, add the mint leaves, simmer for another minute, then drain. Coarsely blend them in a food processor with the butter, then season to taste and keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the lamb fillets for 2-3 minutes, keeping them nice and pink.
Toast the bread on both sides then spoon on the crushed peas. Next, slice the lamb fillets and place them on top, along with the pea shoots; spoon over some olive oil.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
30,000 to 35,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: We are currently recruiting on...
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...