Fillet of lamb with crushed minted peas
This makes good use of the tiny lamb pencil fillets from under the saddle, which you can buy at good butchers or supermarkets.
2 lamb pencil fillets
A little vegetable or corn oil for frying
120g podded weight of fresh or frozen peas
A handful of mint leaves
A good knob of butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A handful of pea shoots
2 slices of sourdough or bloomer bread
1tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
Put the peas in a saucepan, cover with water and cook for 6-7 minutes until tender, add the mint leaves, simmer for another minute, then drain. Coarsely blend them in a food processor with the butter, then season to taste and keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the lamb fillets for 2-3 minutes, keeping them nice and pink.
Toast the bread on both sides then spoon on the crushed peas. Next, slice the lamb fillets and place them on top, along with the pea shoots; spoon over some olive oil.
Life & Style blogs
Android One handsets launch in India: £65 apiece with cricket scores baked in
Students in the south east of England gain the most weight in their first year
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Bulletproof Coffee: is adding butter to your coffee a good way to start the day?
Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...