Freekeh and honey slices
Makes about 15-20
Saturday 29 January 2011
250g rolled oats
200g freekeh, cooked until tender, drained and chopped
175g wholemeal self-raising flour
100g brown sugar
125g dessicated coconut
80g clear honey
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Mix the oats, freekeh, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl.
Melt the butter in a pan or microwave and add the honey, then mix into the dry ingredients until the mixture is a smooth dough.
Grease a 28cm x 18cm x 2-3cm deep baking tin and press the mixture evenly into the tin.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool a little in the tin, then turn out and cut into squares or rectangles.
Life & Style blogs
The high-powered dream team trying to create a stiletto shoe as comfy as a trainer
Apple MacBook review: preposterously thin and extravagantly attractive, this is the best-designed laptop Apple has ever made
How Old Do I Look: Microsoft’s super advanced age-guessing app is terrible at guessing how old celebrities are, too
UK skin cancer statistics 'shocking' as sun-worshippers ignore the dangers of exposure
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Royal baby girl born: Duchess of Cambridge's second child will be a princess thanks to Queen
iJobs Food & Drink
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£28 - 45k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Accountant is needed to take control of the ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hotel in Chadderton is a p...