Freekeh and honey slices
Makes about 15-20
Saturday 29 January 2011
250g rolled oats
200g freekeh, cooked until tender, drained and chopped
175g wholemeal self-raising flour
100g brown sugar
125g dessicated coconut
80g clear honey
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Mix the oats, freekeh, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl.
Melt the butter in a pan or microwave and add the honey, then mix into the dry ingredients until the mixture is a smooth dough.
Grease a 28cm x 18cm x 2-3cm deep baking tin and press the mixture evenly into the tin.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool a little in the tin, then turn out and cut into squares or rectangles.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
McDonald’s launches clothing line using Big Mac prints
Distressed Zayn Malik fans are cutting themselves - how did fandom get so dark?
Eating quinoa and whole grains every day could help you live longer
- 1 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 2 Finland schools: Subjects scrapped and replaced with 'topics' as country reforms its education system
- 3 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Cate Blanchett loses temper during interview: 'That's your f**king question?'
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...