Makes about 4 x 1 litre bottles
Saturday 15 May 2010
4.5 litres of water
250g fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
500g granulated sugar
A handful of raisins
15g instant dried yeast
In a large saucepan bring the water to the boil, add the ginger and sugar, remove from the heat and leave to cool until just lukewarm.
Add the raisins and stir in the yeast, cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for 2 days.
Strain the liquid and transfer to sterilised bottles with tight-fitting lids. Refrigerate for 2 days before serving.
Serve with a squeeze and a wedge of lime.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
Postpartum psychosis: How Jessica Pidsley was driven to the edge by the rare illness
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...