Makes about 4 x 1 litre bottles
Saturday 15 May 2010
4.5 litres of water
250g fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
500g granulated sugar
A handful of raisins
15g instant dried yeast
In a large saucepan bring the water to the boil, add the ginger and sugar, remove from the heat and leave to cool until just lukewarm.
Add the raisins and stir in the yeast, cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for 2 days.
Strain the liquid and transfer to sterilised bottles with tight-fitting lids. Refrigerate for 2 days before serving.
Serve with a squeeze and a wedge of lime.
Life & Style blogs
Holocaust Memorial Day: 70 years since Auschwitz liberation, these are the stories of survivors
Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Facebook, Instagram websites down — Lizard Squad hint at involvement, but Facebook claims it broke itself
- 1 Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 4 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...