Makes about 4 x 1 litre bottles
Saturday 15 May 2010
4.5 litres of water
250g fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
500g granulated sugar
A handful of raisins
15g instant dried yeast
In a large saucepan bring the water to the boil, add the ginger and sugar, remove from the heat and leave to cool until just lukewarm.
Add the raisins and stir in the yeast, cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for 2 days.
Strain the liquid and transfer to sterilised bottles with tight-fitting lids. Refrigerate for 2 days before serving.
Serve with a squeeze and a wedge of lime.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...