Grilled chicken with rosemary and baked garlic
Saturday 13 November 2010
1 or 2 chickens, depending on their size
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
4-5tbsp olive oil
A few sprigs of rosemary
2 heads of jumbo garlic, halved
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Wrap each half of garlic in tin foil and place it on a tray in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut the chickens in half and flatten them a little with your hand or a meat bat. Preheat a barbecue or ribbed griddle pan, season the meat well and brush with some olive oil.
Grill the chickens for about 6-8 minutes on each side, transfer to a tray and then finish in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
To serve, heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan, strip the leaves from the rosemary and heat in the oil for 30 seconds or so – but don't let it brown too much.
Serve on plates or a sharing dish with the baked garlic and the rosemary spooned over the chicken.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...