Grilled chicken with rosemary and baked garlic
Saturday 13 November 2010
1 or 2 chickens, depending on their size
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
4-5tbsp olive oil
A few sprigs of rosemary
2 heads of jumbo garlic, halved
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Wrap each half of garlic in tin foil and place it on a tray in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut the chickens in half and flatten them a little with your hand or a meat bat. Preheat a barbecue or ribbed griddle pan, season the meat well and brush with some olive oil.
Grill the chickens for about 6-8 minutes on each side, transfer to a tray and then finish in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
To serve, heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan, strip the leaves from the rosemary and heat in the oil for 30 seconds or so – but don't let it brown too much.
Serve on plates or a sharing dish with the baked garlic and the rosemary spooned over the chicken.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...