Grilled courgettes with cuttlefish and capers
I'm still campaigning to get more people eating cuttlefish: it's much better value than squid and I find it has a better flavour and texture.
2 courgettes, cut lengthways into ½cm slices
A little vegetable or corn oil for brushing
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
200-250g cleaned weight of cuttlefish
2tbsp capers, rinsed
A handful of Greek or normal basil
For the dressing
1 red or green chilli, finely chopped
2-3tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
The juice of half a lemon
Heat a ribbed griddle pan on a medium heat, lightly brush it with oil and cook the cuttlefish for about 30-40 seconds on each side – the tentacles will take twice as long if you are using them.
Remove from the griddle and transfer the cuttlefish to a plate. Cook the courgettes on the same griddle for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until tender. Meanwhile, mix all of the ingredients for the dressing and season.
To serve, shred the cuttlefish into thin strips, then toss them in a bowl with the courgettes, capers and dressing. Arrange the whole thing on serving plates and scatter over the basil.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
Doctors tell Treasury of their anger at rejection of pay reviews
Jeremy Hunt to reform hospital parking rules
Victoria’s Secret says tickets for the London fashion show are not for 'sale' - but seats are still available for £10k
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 West poised to join forces with President Assad in face of Islamic State
- 3 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 4 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...