Grilled courgettes with cuttlefish and capers
I'm still campaigning to get more people eating cuttlefish: it's much better value than squid and I find it has a better flavour and texture.
2 courgettes, cut lengthways into ½cm slices
A little vegetable or corn oil for brushing
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
200-250g cleaned weight of cuttlefish
2tbsp capers, rinsed
A handful of Greek or normal basil
For the dressing
1 red or green chilli, finely chopped
2-3tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
The juice of half a lemon
Heat a ribbed griddle pan on a medium heat, lightly brush it with oil and cook the cuttlefish for about 30-40 seconds on each side – the tentacles will take twice as long if you are using them.
Remove from the griddle and transfer the cuttlefish to a plate. Cook the courgettes on the same griddle for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until tender. Meanwhile, mix all of the ingredients for the dressing and season.
To serve, shred the cuttlefish into thin strips, then toss them in a bowl with the courgettes, capers and dressing. Arrange the whole thing on serving plates and scatter over the basil.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
- 1 The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
- 2 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 3 Andy Murray takes to Twitter to show off his Christmas jumper
- 4 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 5 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...