Haddock with a herb crust
Thursday 31 December 2009
600g traditional smoked haddock fillets (cut into four pieces)
1 tblsp olive oil
400g cherry tomatoes
3 tblsp organic mayonnaise
1 crushed garlic clove
100g white breadcrumbs
2 handfuls of fresh, flat-leaf parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oven to 220C or gas mark 7. Lightly oil a large baking tray and lay the haddock and cherry tomatoes alongside each other, leaving space between each piece of fish. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and the crushed garlic then spread the mixture evenly over the fish.
Roughly chop the parsley and add this to a bowl along with the breadcrumbs and the juice and zest from the lemon. Toss the mixture and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Evenly top each piece of fish with the mixture.
Finally, drizzle olive oil over the fish and tomatoes and bake in the oven for around 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and crunchy.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Karl Lagerfeld shoots Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst in suspenders for fashion shoot
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 4 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
- 5 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...