Haddock with a herb crust
Thursday 31 December 2009
600g traditional smoked haddock fillets (cut into four pieces)
1 tblsp olive oil
400g cherry tomatoes
3 tblsp organic mayonnaise
1 crushed garlic clove
100g white breadcrumbs
2 handfuls of fresh, flat-leaf parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oven to 220C or gas mark 7. Lightly oil a large baking tray and lay the haddock and cherry tomatoes alongside each other, leaving space between each piece of fish. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and the crushed garlic then spread the mixture evenly over the fish.
Roughly chop the parsley and add this to a bowl along with the breadcrumbs and the juice and zest from the lemon. Toss the mixture and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Evenly top each piece of fish with the mixture.
Finally, drizzle olive oil over the fish and tomatoes and bake in the oven for around 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and crunchy.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Scottish salmon sales leap as Asia develops a taste
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
Health: When masturbation can be fatal: The practice of auto-erotic asphyxia is often concealed by a coroner's verdict. Monique Roffey looks at a lethal taboo
- 1 The political parties aren't all the same – which means 2015 will be a 'big-choice' election
- 2 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...