Ink pasta with cuttlefish, chilli and wild garlic
You can buy ink pasta pretty easily from good delis and some supermarkets, where it normally comes in the form of spaghetti or linguine.
Before freezing the cuttlefish you can even shred it and then pop it in a freezer bag. That way you can grab a handful and quickly defrost it for a simple pasta supper.
4 servings of ink pasta
100ml olive oil
200g cleaned weight of cuttlefish or squid with the tentacles
1-2 medium red chillies, sliced, stalk removed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
10-12 leaves of wild garlic, chopped or shredded
The juice of a lemon
Cook the pasta, then drain. While the pasta cooks, shred the cuttlefish as finely as you can and chop the tentacles.
Heat the olive oil in a pan, season the cuttlefish and gently cook on a low heat with the chilli for a minute, stirring as it's cooking.
Add the butter and wild garlic and continue cooking on a low heat for 30f seconds. Toss with the pasta, re-season if necessary and squeeze in the lemon juice.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to remain as expensive, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
New Apple TV release date and price: streaming box and games console will launch in October
- 1 If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 4 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 5 New Apple TV release date and price: streaming box and games console will launch in October
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...