Ink pasta with cuttlefish, chilli and wild garlic
You can buy ink pasta pretty easily from good delis and some supermarkets, where it normally comes in the form of spaghetti or linguine.
Before freezing the cuttlefish you can even shred it and then pop it in a freezer bag. That way you can grab a handful and quickly defrost it for a simple pasta supper.
4 servings of ink pasta
100ml olive oil
200g cleaned weight of cuttlefish or squid with the tentacles
1-2 medium red chillies, sliced, stalk removed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
10-12 leaves of wild garlic, chopped or shredded
The juice of a lemon
Cook the pasta, then drain. While the pasta cooks, shred the cuttlefish as finely as you can and chop the tentacles.
Heat the olive oil in a pan, season the cuttlefish and gently cook on a low heat with the chilli for a minute, stirring as it's cooking.
Add the butter and wild garlic and continue cooking on a low heat for 30f seconds. Toss with the pasta, re-season if necessary and squeeze in the lemon juice.
Life & Style blogs
Best three-ingredient recipes: From Nutella brownies to mac and cheese and pulled pork
Scientists have discovered a new taste that could profoundly change the way we eat
Topshop pulls 'ridiculously skinny' mannequins after being shamed by customer on Facebook
Windows 10: Is it worth downloading new PC operating system?
The lesser known erogenous zones - and how to find them
- 1 Dentist who illegally killed Cecil the lion blames local guides for the scandal
- 2 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 3 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: American dentist revealed as the killer of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe
iJobs Food & Drink
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful leisure company is seek...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: The positions above are available either part ...