Kiln-smoked trout with horseradish and cucumber
I was recently sent some great kiln-smoked trout and salmon from RR Spink and sons', the Arbroath smokies producers. It really lends itself to just breaking it on to some freshly toasted bread with a good spoonful of horseradish.
2 slices of sourdough or bloomer
100-120g smoked trout fillets
1-2tbsp horseradish sauce
3cm piece of cucumber, cut into matchstick-like pieces
A few small salad leaves
1tbsp rapeseed oil
Toast the bread on both sides, then spoon over a little rapeseed oil and spread on some horseradish.
Break the trout into pieces and arrange on the toast with the leaves, spooning over the rest of the horseradish.
Season with coarsely ground pepper, add a little rapeseed oil and scatter the cucumbers.
Life & Style blogs
McDonald's is finally trialling all-day breakfast
Apple expands reuse and recycle scheme, letting Android phones be swapped for iPhones
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Contents of women's handbags can be worth more than a small car
- 1 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 4 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 5 A new (old) cure for MRSA? Revolting recipe from the Dark Ages may be key to defeat infection
iJobs Food & Drink
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...
£23000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Project Accountant (Part-...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...