Kiln-smoked trout with horseradish and cucumber
I was recently sent some great kiln-smoked trout and salmon from RR Spink and sons', the Arbroath smokies producers. It really lends itself to just breaking it on to some freshly toasted bread with a good spoonful of horseradish.
2 slices of sourdough or bloomer
100-120g smoked trout fillets
1-2tbsp horseradish sauce
3cm piece of cucumber, cut into matchstick-like pieces
A few small salad leaves
1tbsp rapeseed oil
Toast the bread on both sides, then spoon over a little rapeseed oil and spread on some horseradish.
Break the trout into pieces and arrange on the toast with the leaves, spooning over the rest of the horseradish.
Season with coarsely ground pepper, add a little rapeseed oil and scatter the cucumbers.
Life & Style blogs
Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet: beautiful screen and slim body mean Android finally has an iPad rival
Another transgender model lands contract with top agency IMG
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
Self-parking Volvo ploughs into journalists after owner neglects to pay for extra feature that stops cars crashing into people
- 1 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 2 'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...