Lamb cutlets with tapenade, maple syrup and paprika
You can easily make your own tapenade by simply blending black or green olives in a food processor with a little olive oil. It's traditional to add a few anchovies into the mix too, but some people prefer it without.
This is a great outdoor eating dish, especially if you have a wood-fired oven; if not, a full-temperature conventional oven will do the trick.
8 loin or chump lamb cutlets or chops
3tbsp tapenade (either homemade or bought)
3tbsp maple syrup
1tsp paprika, preferably Spanish pimentón
Mix the tapenade, maple syrup and paprika together and smother the lamb chops in the mixture, then place in a container, cover and leave to marinate for an hour or so in the fridge.
Preheat the oven to 240C/gas mark 8. Place the chops on a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes, keeping them nice and pink. You don't need to do anything elaborate afterwards, just serve with a simple leafy salad.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...