Lamb cutlets with tapenade, maple syrup and paprika
You can easily make your own tapenade by simply blending black or green olives in a food processor with a little olive oil. It's traditional to add a few anchovies into the mix too, but some people prefer it without.
This is a great outdoor eating dish, especially if you have a wood-fired oven; if not, a full-temperature conventional oven will do the trick.
8 loin or chump lamb cutlets or chops
3tbsp tapenade (either homemade or bought)
3tbsp maple syrup
1tsp paprika, preferably Spanish pimentón
Mix the tapenade, maple syrup and paprika together and smother the lamb chops in the mixture, then place in a container, cover and leave to marinate for an hour or so in the fridge.
Preheat the oven to 240C/gas mark 8. Place the chops on a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes, keeping them nice and pink. You don't need to do anything elaborate afterwards, just serve with a simple leafy salad.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...