Lamb cutlets with tapenade, maple syrup and paprika
You can easily make your own tapenade by simply blending black or green olives in a food processor with a little olive oil. It's traditional to add a few anchovies into the mix too, but some people prefer it without.
This is a great outdoor eating dish, especially if you have a wood-fired oven; if not, a full-temperature conventional oven will do the trick.
8 loin or chump lamb cutlets or chops
3tbsp tapenade (either homemade or bought)
3tbsp maple syrup
1tsp paprika, preferably Spanish pimentón
Mix the tapenade, maple syrup and paprika together and smother the lamb chops in the mixture, then place in a container, cover and leave to marinate for an hour or so in the fridge.
Preheat the oven to 240C/gas mark 8. Place the chops on a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes, keeping them nice and pink. You don't need to do anything elaborate afterwards, just serve with a simple leafy salad.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Labour rallies behind Flint as deputy leader to offset a Corbyn win
- 2 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 3 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds
iJobs Food & Drink
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...