Lamb fillets served with wild garlic gremolata
You often see these tiny fillets which come from under the saddle of the lamb in butcher's shops; they also seem to sell them a lot in halal butchers – they are obviously using their cuts very economically, as they should be.
8 or 12 lamb fillets, bashed out between sheets of clingfilm
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A little vegetable or corn oil for grilling
For the gremolata
The zest of 1 lemon
15 or so wild garlic leaves, finely chopped
4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Mix all of the ingredients together for the gremolata and season to taste.
Heat a heavy frying pan or ribbed griddle pan and briefly cook the lamb fillets for about 30-40 seconds on each side. Arrange on warmed serving plates and spoon the gremolata over.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...