Lamb fillets served with wild garlic gremolata
You often see these tiny fillets which come from under the saddle of the lamb in butcher's shops; they also seem to sell them a lot in halal butchers – they are obviously using their cuts very economically, as they should be.
8 or 12 lamb fillets, bashed out between sheets of clingfilm
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A little vegetable or corn oil for grilling
For the gremolata
The zest of 1 lemon
15 or so wild garlic leaves, finely chopped
4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Mix all of the ingredients together for the gremolata and season to taste.
Heat a heavy frying pan or ribbed griddle pan and briefly cook the lamb fillets for about 30-40 seconds on each side. Arrange on warmed serving plates and spoon the gremolata over.
Life & Style blogs
McDonald’s launches clothing line using Big Mac prints
Distressed Zayn Malik fans are cutting themselves - how did fandom get so dark?
Clocks change: how to make sure iPhone and smartphones automatically ‘spring forward’
Curvy model Kate Upton is returning to the big screen for the film The Layover
American Apparel gets another ad banned by advertising watchdog for sexualising children
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 3 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Jeremy Clarkson calls on trolls to leave producer Oisin Tymon alone: 'None of this is his fault'
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...