Lamb fillets served with wild garlic gremolata
You often see these tiny fillets which come from under the saddle of the lamb in butcher's shops; they also seem to sell them a lot in halal butchers – they are obviously using their cuts very economically, as they should be.
8 or 12 lamb fillets, bashed out between sheets of clingfilm
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A little vegetable or corn oil for grilling
For the gremolata
The zest of 1 lemon
15 or so wild garlic leaves, finely chopped
4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Mix all of the ingredients together for the gremolata and season to taste.
Heat a heavy frying pan or ribbed griddle pan and briefly cook the lamb fillets for about 30-40 seconds on each side. Arrange on warmed serving plates and spoon the gremolata over.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...