Lemon curd cream with raspberries
Saturday 08 May 2010
This is a dead simple last-minute dessert with no real cooking skills involved apart from maybe using a whisk. You can make the lemon curd yourself or there are some really great quality ones available in the shops these days.
300ml double or whipping cream, lightly whipped
4tbsp good-quality lemon curd
Blend half of the raspberries in a liquidiser and strain through a fine-meshed sieve. Gently fold the lemon curd into the cream so you have a rippled effect.
Spoon the raspberry purée on to serving plates, then spoon the cream mixture on top and scatter over the rest of the raspberries.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Wearable chair allows workers to sit anywhere - and could save millions in healthcare bills
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...