Lobster and mushroom stew
You can use any seasonal mushrooms for this and even add some dried Chinese black fungus for colour and texture.
1 large shallot, peeled, halved and finely chopped
A good knob of butter
100ml white wine
250ml fish stock or the lobster broth
120-150g wild mushrooms, cleaned and cut into even-sized pieces
½tbsp chopped chives
A few slices of lobster from the tail and/or claws
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Gently cook the shallot in the butter for a minute, then stir in the flour and gradually stir or whisk in the wine and stock; bring to the boil and simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, season to taste, cover with a lid and continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
Drop in the chives and pieces of lobster and simmer for a minute to heat through the lobster, then arrange in warmed serving bowls.
Life & Style blogs
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Zero divided by zero: Ask Siri a simple question, have your social life mocked
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Greece crisis: Alexis Tsipras accepts troika bailout proposals with conditions
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...