Serves 4, generously
Sunday 18 May 2008
Simple and breathtakingly fresh, this is a good sauce to serve with fish, especially firm-fleshed white fish or tuna.
At home we have made a version of this salsa for years – in Sydney we eat it on Christmas Day with cold glazed ham. It's best eaten as soon after you've made it as possible.
2 ripe mangoes
1 red onion
1 small bunch of coriander, leaves only
1 small bunch of mint, leaves only
1/4-inch of fresh ginger, peeled and very finely chopped
1tsp brown sugar
The juice of one lime
1 medium red pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
Peel and dice the mangoes and onion fairly finely, and place in a bowl. Add the chopped pepper.
Chop the coriander and mint leaves and add along with the ginger and brown sugar. Squeeze over the lime juice and stir well to combine.
Life & Style blogs
Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
Snapchat got rid of the Best Friends feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Food secrets: the good, the bad...and the faeces
Pot of gold: tasting the world’s most expensive tea
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...