Mark Hix recipe: Little Christmas crumbles
These make perfect festive party snacks or something to go with coffee at the end of the meal. You can use mincemeat or a combination of mincemeat and Christmas pudding if you need to use it up.
- 20 mini canapé-size tart cases
- 150-200g sweet mincemeat
For the topping
- 20g flour
- 20g hard, unsalted butter, diced into small pieces
- 10g caster sugar
- 4-5 shelled chestnuts, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. For the topping: put the flour and butter into a bowl – rub between your fingers to forge a breadcrumb-like consistency, then stir in the sugar and chestnuts. Finally, fill the tart cases with the mincemeat and spoon on the crumble. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly coloured, and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Paris Fashion Week: Karl Lagerfeld leads a feminist riot on 'Boulevard Chanel'
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Windows 10 release: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' with new operating system
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
30,000 to 35,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: We are currently recruiting on...
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...