Mark Hix recipe: Little Christmas crumbles
These make perfect festive party snacks or something to go with coffee at the end of the meal. You can use mincemeat or a combination of mincemeat and Christmas pudding if you need to use it up.
- 20 mini canapé-size tart cases
- 150-200g sweet mincemeat
For the topping
- 20g flour
- 20g hard, unsalted butter, diced into small pieces
- 10g caster sugar
- 4-5 shelled chestnuts, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. For the topping: put the flour and butter into a bowl – rub between your fingers to forge a breadcrumb-like consistency, then stir in the sugar and chestnuts. Finally, fill the tart cases with the mincemeat and spoon on the crumble. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly coloured, and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...