Mark Hix recipe: Little Christmas crumbles
These make perfect festive party snacks or something to go with coffee at the end of the meal. You can use mincemeat or a combination of mincemeat and Christmas pudding if you need to use it up.
- 20 mini canapé-size tart cases
- 150-200g sweet mincemeat
For the topping
- 20g flour
- 20g hard, unsalted butter, diced into small pieces
- 10g caster sugar
- 4-5 shelled chestnuts, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. For the topping: put the flour and butter into a bowl – rub between your fingers to forge a breadcrumb-like consistency, then stir in the sugar and chestnuts. Finally, fill the tart cases with the mincemeat and spoon on the crumble. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly coloured, and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Is it the end of the road for three-point turn in driving test?
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 1 Hollywood actor Mickey Rourke beats opponent 33 years his junior in exhibition boxing match
- 2 Exodus Gods and Kings casting controversy: Ridley Scott would never cast 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 3 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 4 Today was a bad day for renters, landlords, and democracy
iJobs Food & Drink
£31000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the UK, the major project fo...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...