Mark Hix recipe: Moroccan spiced chestnuts
Using argan oil, cumin, ground cinnamon and coriander. Use freshly roasted and shelled chestnuts for this or the vacuum-packed, ready-shelled ones: both yield good results. You can also vary the spices to suit your taste, making them either sweet or savoury.
- 20-30 peeled chestnuts
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1/3tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3tsp paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1tsp caster sugar
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Mix the chestnuts with all of the other ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, turning them as they are cooking. Remove from the oven and transfer the chestnuts on to some kitchen paper. Leave to cool, then serve.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Regin: Newly uncovered malicious software snooping since 2008 'was developed by a nation state'
Henri de Toulouse Lautrec: Google celebrates 150th anniversary of French artist with Doodle
Tinder dating app being used more and more by middle-aged mums and dads
'Normal Barbie': Lammily, the 'realistic' doll with stretch marks, acne, and grass stains on her legs
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
iJobs Food & Drink
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...