Mark Hix recipe: Moroccan spiced chestnuts
Using argan oil, cumin, ground cinnamon and coriander. Use freshly roasted and shelled chestnuts for this or the vacuum-packed, ready-shelled ones: both yield good results. You can also vary the spices to suit your taste, making them either sweet or savoury.
- 20-30 peeled chestnuts
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1/3tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3tsp paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1tsp caster sugar
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Mix the chestnuts with all of the other ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, turning them as they are cooking. Remove from the oven and transfer the chestnuts on to some kitchen paper. Leave to cool, then serve.
Life & Style blogs
Bombsheller: The website that makes us all into top fashion designers
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Want to reduce the risk of disease? Abandon shaking hands, and start bumping fists...
UK police to start seizing drivers' mobile phones after all crashes
Standing my ground: If sitting is bad for your health, what happens when you stay on your feet for a whole month?
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...