Mark Hix recipe: Moroccan spiced chestnuts
Using argan oil, cumin, ground cinnamon and coriander. Use freshly roasted and shelled chestnuts for this or the vacuum-packed, ready-shelled ones: both yield good results. You can also vary the spices to suit your taste, making them either sweet or savoury.
- 20-30 peeled chestnuts
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1/3tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3tsp paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1tsp caster sugar
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Mix the chestnuts with all of the other ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, turning them as they are cooking. Remove from the oven and transfer the chestnuts on to some kitchen paper. Leave to cool, then serve.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
The face of fertility: why do men find women who are near ovulation more attractive?
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...