Although you can buy peas, sugar snaps and mangetout all the year round, this is a great spring salad that utilises the whole of the pea family, shoots and all. If you grow peas in your garden you can just snip the shoots and flowers off.
A couple of handfuls of pea shoots
60-70g small peas
60-70g sugar snaps, halved lengthways
60-70g mangetout, shredded
For the dressing
1tbsp Chardonnay or a good-quality white-wine vinegar
2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
1tsp Dijon or Tewkesbury mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A few sprigs of mint, chopped
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together, leave to infuse for an hour and strain through a fine-meshed sieve.
To serve, toss all the ingredients together and garnish with extra torn mint leaves.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6 'catches on fire and burns man's leg after bending in his pocket'
The hoverboard is real, and it could give rise to hoverhouses
Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
Are you ready for Crazy Doritos, the red-hot snack food craze sweeping Mexico’s streets?
The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...