Although you can buy peas, sugar snaps and mangetout all the year round, this is a great spring salad that utilises the whole of the pea family, shoots and all. If you grow peas in your garden you can just snip the shoots and flowers off.
A couple of handfuls of pea shoots
60-70g small peas
60-70g sugar snaps, halved lengthways
60-70g mangetout, shredded
For the dressing
1tbsp Chardonnay or a good-quality white-wine vinegar
2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
1tsp Dijon or Tewkesbury mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A few sprigs of mint, chopped
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together, leave to infuse for an hour and strain through a fine-meshed sieve.
To serve, toss all the ingredients together and garnish with extra torn mint leaves.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...