Our cocktail crew served this at a tequila dinner I hosted a couple of months back. It's a strain of the sangrita drink, which means 'little blood', and is served as a kind of customary partner to a shot of 100 per cent agave tequila. It acts as a non-alcoholic palate cleanser between sips of the tequila.
Sangrita traditionally is made from the leftover juices from the fruit salad bowl of local Mexican fruits like papaya, mango, pomegranate, tangerine and cucumberf and spiced up with red pepper powder and lime juice.
1ltr pineapple juice
A couple of handfuls of coriander, including the stalks, washed and dried
A couple of good pinches of salt
A handful of mint leaves, washed
100ml agave nectar
2 medium green or red chillies, or a mixture, trimmed
50ml lemon cordial
200ml grapefruit juice
The juice of 2 limes
Blend the ingredients in a liquidiser and strain through a sieve. Serve slightly chilled.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Japanese plant experts produce 10,000 lettuce heads a day in LED-lit indoor farm
- 3 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...