Pink fir apple potato and chorizo soup with wild garlic
Saturday 19 February 2011
A bit of chorizo in a soup really gives it a lift and is perfect with the flavours of waxy potatoes such as pink fir apple and delicate wild garlic leaves.
1 large onion, peeled, halved and finely chopped
1 cooking chorizo weighing about 100-120g, chopped into small pieces
A good knob of butter
1.5ltrs chicken stock
400-500g waxy potatoes such as pink fir apple, peeled and chopped into rough 1cm chunks
A handful of wild garlic leaves, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Gently cook the onion and chorizo in the butter in a covered pan for 4-5 minutes, stirring every so often, until the onions are soft.
Add the chicken stock; season and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
Add the potatoes and continue simmering for 10 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
Just before you serve, add the wild garlic leaves; simmer, and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...