Pink fir apple potato and chorizo soup with wild garlic
Saturday 19 February 2011
A bit of chorizo in a soup really gives it a lift and is perfect with the flavours of waxy potatoes such as pink fir apple and delicate wild garlic leaves.
1 large onion, peeled, halved and finely chopped
1 cooking chorizo weighing about 100-120g, chopped into small pieces
A good knob of butter
1.5ltrs chicken stock
400-500g waxy potatoes such as pink fir apple, peeled and chopped into rough 1cm chunks
A handful of wild garlic leaves, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Gently cook the onion and chorizo in the butter in a covered pan for 4-5 minutes, stirring every so often, until the onions are soft.
Add the chicken stock; season and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
Add the potatoes and continue simmering for 10 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
Just before you serve, add the wild garlic leaves; simmer, and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
Replica cars: The 'new classics' roaring back into the lead
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: which is the best?
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...