Sunday 24 April 2011
These lemons are so easy to prepare and will last unrefridgerated for up to a year. Once they are well rinsed, they can be used in slow-cooked dishes, salads and all sorts of dressings.
1 large jar
10 unwaxed lemons
Enough coarse salt to pack the lemons tightly into the jar
Rinse the lemons well under running water then pat dry. Slice into quarters, though leave them attached at the top – they should look a little like opened magnolia flowers.
Pack an inch or so of salt at the base of the jar then add three or so lemons.
Add more salt and repeat the process until all the lemons are packed in tightly.
Finish with salt and press down the lid. Place in a cool dark place – they will last a long time, but it is important that you allow 30 days before they are ready to eat.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
How to discover who your best friends are on WhatsApp - using a tool within the application
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...