Sunday 24 October 2010
8 roasted quinces
120g/4oz plain flour
2 tbsp muscovado sugar
120g/4oz unsalted butter, cold
Roast the quinces as per the first recipe, then turn up the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Once ready, roughly chop the quinces and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
In a separate bowl, sieve the flour and add the sugar; stir together with your fingers to combine.
Cut the butter into little cubes, add to the flour-sugar mixture and crumble between your fingers until it is the texture of sand. If you have a few lumps left in the mixture, all the better.
Sprinkle the mix over the quinces and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden-brown.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Karl Lagerfeld shoots Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst in suspenders for fashion shoot
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 4 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
- 5 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...