Sunday 24 October 2010
8 roasted quinces
120g/4oz plain flour
2 tbsp muscovado sugar
120g/4oz unsalted butter, cold
Roast the quinces as per the first recipe, then turn up the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Once ready, roughly chop the quinces and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
In a separate bowl, sieve the flour and add the sugar; stir together with your fingers to combine.
Cut the butter into little cubes, add to the flour-sugar mixture and crumble between your fingers until it is the texture of sand. If you have a few lumps left in the mixture, all the better.
Sprinkle the mix over the quinces and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden-brown.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...