Quinoa with broccoli, raisins and pine nuts
Serve this hot or cold – it's a take on the classic pasta dish with the same ingredients.
150-200g quinoa, soaked in cold water for a couple of minutes, rinsed and drained
Approx 500ml vegetable stock
1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
150g sprouting or normal broccoli, cut into small ½cm dice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
50g raisins, soaked in warm water for 1 hour
60g pine nuts, lightly toasted
2tbsp chopped parsley
2tbsp chopped chives
3-4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Bring the stock to the boil, add the onion and quinoa, season and simmer for about 5-6 minutes, then add the broccoli and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until tender; the seeds will separate from the germ a little which gives them the lightness.
Drain in a colander then return to the pan, off the heat, with a lid on. If you want to serve it cold just let it cool then stir in the raisins, pine nuts, herbs and olive oil and re-season if necessary and stir in the herbs or scatter on top. For hot, just stir everything together, and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...