Sunday 22 August 2010
This is a lovely aperitif for a warm summer's evening.
150g/5oz caster sugar
300ml/10fl oz water
1 punnet of raspberries
A bottle of prosecco
Put the sugar and water into a heavy pan and place over a low flame.
Stir once or twice and, when the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat to high.
Cook for 10 minutes then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Put the raspberries and cooled sugar syrup into a blender and purée until smooth.
Pass through a sieve to remove seeds. Place in the fridge to chill.
To serve, pour an inch of the syrup into a champagne flute and pour the prosecco on top. Stir gently to combine.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus battery capacity will be weaker than predecessors, Apple leaks suggest
Amazon Prime Video launches offline viewing, feature Netflix has said is 'never going to happen'
How to discover who your best friends are on WhatsApp - using a tool within the application
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...