Raw cep salad with Berkswell
Saturday 25 September 2010
When you have fresh, firm ceps they are stunning simply sliced thinly and eaten raw. Berkswell is a great British ewe's milk cheese that is perfect in salads like this; or alternatively, you could use Pecorino.
250g firm ceps, cleaned and very thinly sliced
5-6tbsp rapeseed oil
The juice of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A handful of small tasty salad leaves such as land cress, rocket etc
100-120g mature Berkswell cheese
Put the ceps on a tray, season and pour over the oil and lemon juice, mix well, keeping the mushrooms intact and leave for 15 minutes, turning them occasionally.
To serve, arrange the leaves on serving plates with the mushrooms, pouring any extra marinading juices over them. If the mushrooms have absorbed all of the oil and lemon, just pour a little extra over. Shave the cheese as thinly as possible with a sharp knife, or you can use a vegetable peeler, and scatter over the salad.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...