Raw cep salad with Berkswell
Saturday 25 September 2010
When you have fresh, firm ceps they are stunning simply sliced thinly and eaten raw. Berkswell is a great British ewe's milk cheese that is perfect in salads like this; or alternatively, you could use Pecorino.
250g firm ceps, cleaned and very thinly sliced
5-6tbsp rapeseed oil
The juice of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A handful of small tasty salad leaves such as land cress, rocket etc
100-120g mature Berkswell cheese
Put the ceps on a tray, season and pour over the oil and lemon juice, mix well, keeping the mushrooms intact and leave for 15 minutes, turning them occasionally.
To serve, arrange the leaves on serving plates with the mushrooms, pouring any extra marinading juices over them. If the mushrooms have absorbed all of the oil and lemon, just pour a little extra over. Shave the cheese as thinly as possible with a sharp knife, or you can use a vegetable peeler, and scatter over the salad.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 Toby Sheldon: Justin Bieber lookalike found dead in motel room
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Pregnant teenager Neysi Perez 'wakes up in coffin' a day after her funeral
iJobs Food & Drink
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Brand Manager / Marketing Campaign Manager is req...