Sunday 06 June 2010
1 free-range organic chicken
4 cloves garlic, left whole
1 lemon, sliced in half
4 bay leaves
1 bunch thyme
Salt and pepper
A little olive oil
1 bunch of marjoram
The juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
Heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6. Place the garlic, lemon, bay and thyme in the cavity of the chicken. Season the skin generously all over with the salt, drizzle over a little olive oil, place in a roasting tin and cover loosely with foil.
Put on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and roast for a further 45 minutes, at which point turn the oven off, leave the door ajar and allow the chicken to sit for 10-15 minutes.
While the chicken is roasting, pound the marjoram and a generous pinch of salt with a pestle and mortar until the marjoram is dark and bruised, squeeze over the lemon juice and stir in the olive oil. Brush over the skin of the chicken while it is still warm. Allow to cool before packaging for transport.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...