Sunday 06 June 2010
1 free-range organic chicken
4 cloves garlic, left whole
1 lemon, sliced in half
4 bay leaves
1 bunch thyme
Salt and pepper
A little olive oil
1 bunch of marjoram
The juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
Heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6. Place the garlic, lemon, bay and thyme in the cavity of the chicken. Season the skin generously all over with the salt, drizzle over a little olive oil, place in a roasting tin and cover loosely with foil.
Put on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and roast for a further 45 minutes, at which point turn the oven off, leave the door ajar and allow the chicken to sit for 10-15 minutes.
While the chicken is roasting, pound the marjoram and a generous pinch of salt with a pestle and mortar until the marjoram is dark and bruised, squeeze over the lemon juice and stir in the olive oil. Brush over the skin of the chicken while it is still warm. Allow to cool before packaging for transport.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Wearable chair allows workers to sit anywhere - and could save millions in healthcare bills
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...