Sunday 06 June 2010
1 free-range organic chicken
4 cloves garlic, left whole
1 lemon, sliced in half
4 bay leaves
1 bunch thyme
Salt and pepper
A little olive oil
1 bunch of marjoram
The juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
Heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6. Place the garlic, lemon, bay and thyme in the cavity of the chicken. Season the skin generously all over with the salt, drizzle over a little olive oil, place in a roasting tin and cover loosely with foil.
Put on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and roast for a further 45 minutes, at which point turn the oven off, leave the door ajar and allow the chicken to sit for 10-15 minutes.
While the chicken is roasting, pound the marjoram and a generous pinch of salt with a pestle and mortar until the marjoram is dark and bruised, squeeze over the lemon juice and stir in the olive oil. Brush over the skin of the chicken while it is still warm. Allow to cool before packaging for transport.
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Condom couture: Latex dresses hit the catwalk to raise awareness for HIV and Aids
- 1 Calum Chambers: Southampton's latest example of Generation X-factor
- 2 Crash victims in car flattened by shipping container emerge with just minor injuries
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Exclusive: David Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Joey Barton and Yossi Benayoun become involved in Twitter row over Israel-Gaza conflict
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...