Roasted onion squash, chard and scallops
Sunday 29 August 2010
Onion squash is the first variety of squash of the year. It has a tender skin that does not need to be removed – its sweet depth works beautifully with the scallops.
1 onion squash
2 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra for the pan
A pinch of fennel seed
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
5 stalks of chard, leaves only
The juice of half a lemon
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6.
Slice the onion squash in half and scoop out the seeds, then slice into one- inch chunks. Place into a roasting dish and drizzle over a tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle over the fennel seeds and season with salt and pepper. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and roast for 25 minutes – the squash should be tender but not falling apart.
While the squash is cooking, boil a pot of well-salted water then plunge in the chard and cook for three minutes. Now drain, place both the chard and the squash into a bowl and squeeze over the lemon juice. Add the rest of the olive oil and toss together to combine. Season to taste.
Cook the scallops as per the first recipe (far left). Arrange the vegetables on to a plate and top with the cooked scallops. Serve at once.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 I like Corbyn, but let's face it: we don't need another white man at the head of a political party
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...