Sakura Macaron recipe by Sake no Hana
With spring now having well and truly sprung, the famed Japanese restaurant shares its recipe for seasonal cherry blossom macarons
Tuesday 08 April 2014
WHITE VANILLA MACARON
1420 TPT (1 batch)
220 egg whites
600g caster sugar
8g white colour
1 vanilla pod seeds scraped
600 Ground Almonds
600g Icing sugar
220g Egg whites
For the TPT
- In a mixing machine bowl, mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
For the white vanilla macaron
- Place the egg whites into a mixing machine bowl, begin to whisk on a low speed
- Place the caster sugar and water together in a pan and cook the sugar to soft ball 118C, when the sugar has reach 105C increase the speed on the egg whites and stabilise the meringue with 20g caster sugar.
- Once the boiling sugar has reached 118C, reduce the speed of the egg whites and pour the sugar gently over the egg whites
- Increase the speed and mix for 1 minute, stop the machine and add in the white colour and vanilla pod seeds. Turn on the speed again and whisk until the meringue has cooled to until it is about body temperature (test this with your finger).
- Fold 1/3 of the meringue into the TPT base mix gently until smooth,now fold in the remaining meringue and mix until smooth and glossy.
- Place into a piping bag with a 10mm piping tube(nozzle)
- Pipe 4 cm diameter rounds onto a tray lined with a non-stick baking mat, allow to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 130C, place the macarons into the oven and cook for 16-17 minutes, until they just start to peel off the baking mat.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
SAKURA TEA GANACHE
150g milk chocolate 35% cocoa solids
150g dark chocolate 66% cocoa solids
210g whipping cream
8g sakura tea
25g unsalted butter
For the ganache
- Place the whipping cream in a pan and bring to the boil, add in the sakura tea and allow to infuse for 20-30 minutes.
- Strain the whipping cream into another pan
- Place the chocolate into a mixing bowl
- Bring the infused cream back to the boil, pour over the chocolate mix gently until it starts to thicken. Gradually add in the softened butter, mix until fully emulsified.
- Allow to set, at room temperature.
TO BUILD THE MACARON
- Match the macarons to create a top and a bottom
- Place the sakura ganache into a piping bag with a 10mm piping tube, pipe a bulb into the centre of one half the macarons
- Stick the top to the bottom of the Macaron, delicately
The macarons will be served at Sake No Hana in its "Sakura", a pop-up cherry blossom garden, which is open from April 7 to May 19.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...