Sakura Macaron recipe by Sake no Hana
With spring now having well and truly sprung, the famed Japanese restaurant shares its recipe for seasonal cherry blossom macarons
Tuesday 08 April 2014
WHITE VANILLA MACARON
1420 TPT (1 batch)
220 egg whites
600g caster sugar
8g white colour
1 vanilla pod seeds scraped
600 Ground Almonds
600g Icing sugar
220g Egg whites
For the TPT
- In a mixing machine bowl, mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
For the white vanilla macaron
- Place the egg whites into a mixing machine bowl, begin to whisk on a low speed
- Place the caster sugar and water together in a pan and cook the sugar to soft ball 118C, when the sugar has reach 105C increase the speed on the egg whites and stabilise the meringue with 20g caster sugar.
- Once the boiling sugar has reached 118C, reduce the speed of the egg whites and pour the sugar gently over the egg whites
- Increase the speed and mix for 1 minute, stop the machine and add in the white colour and vanilla pod seeds. Turn on the speed again and whisk until the meringue has cooled to until it is about body temperature (test this with your finger).
- Fold 1/3 of the meringue into the TPT base mix gently until smooth,now fold in the remaining meringue and mix until smooth and glossy.
- Place into a piping bag with a 10mm piping tube(nozzle)
- Pipe 4 cm diameter rounds onto a tray lined with a non-stick baking mat, allow to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 130C, place the macarons into the oven and cook for 16-17 minutes, until they just start to peel off the baking mat.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
SAKURA TEA GANACHE
150g milk chocolate 35% cocoa solids
150g dark chocolate 66% cocoa solids
210g whipping cream
8g sakura tea
25g unsalted butter
For the ganache
- Place the whipping cream in a pan and bring to the boil, add in the sakura tea and allow to infuse for 20-30 minutes.
- Strain the whipping cream into another pan
- Place the chocolate into a mixing bowl
- Bring the infused cream back to the boil, pour over the chocolate mix gently until it starts to thicken. Gradually add in the softened butter, mix until fully emulsified.
- Allow to set, at room temperature.
TO BUILD THE MACARON
- Match the macarons to create a top and a bottom
- Place the sakura ganache into a piping bag with a 10mm piping tube, pipe a bulb into the centre of one half the macarons
- Stick the top to the bottom of the Macaron, delicately
The macarons will be served at Sake No Hana in its "Sakura", a pop-up cherry blossom garden, which is open from April 7 to May 19.
Life & Style blogs
Three in every four British men will be overweight by 2030, says World Health Organisation
Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 4 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...