Salad of Parma ham, walnuts, pomegranate and ricotta
Sunday 15 November 2009
This is very much an autumn salad – walnuts and pomegranates are perfect right now. Simple in its execution and not too heavy, it is a lovely way to begin a meal.
A handful of mixed autumn leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
A few drops of lemon juice
Sea salt and black pepper
16 young wet walnuts
1 pomegranate, seeds only
8 slices of Parma ham
200g/7oz ricotta cheese
2 tbsp walnut oil
Dress the salad leaves with the oil and lemon, then season with a little salt and pepper and set aside while you shell the walnuts and take the seeds from the pomegranates.
Arrange the ham on the dressed salad leaves on a plate, then simply layer up alternatively the ham, small chunks of ricotta, walnuts and pomegranate seeds. Finish with a drizzle of walnut oil and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...