Scrambled eggs on toast with bottarga
Saturday 16 October 2004
I always keep a stick of bottarga in the door of my fridge. This dried roe is a luxury but it lasts for ages and a little goes a long way so it's not really an extravagance. You just grate off what you need and keep the rest for later. You can buy it at delis like Love Saves the Day in Manchester (0161-832 0777), Fortnum & Mason, London W1 (020-7734 8040), and the Rivington Deli, 28-30 Rivington Street, London EC1 (020-7729 7083), and direct from the importer from www.vallebona.co.uk (020-8944 5665).
8 eggs, beaten
60g unsalted butter
4-6tbsp double cream
20-30g bottarga, stick preferably or pre-grated
4 slices of good quality white bread, cut about 1cm thick
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
Melt the butter in a pan, add the eggs and season. Stir in the cream and stir on a low heat for 3-5 minutes until the eggs are beginning to cook but remain soft and fluffy. Meanwhile, toast the bread. Spoon the eggs on to the toast and grate the bottarga with a fine grater over the eggs.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
- 2 London is the most googled city in the world
- 3 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
- 5 Richard Dawkins ridicules Sabrina Corgatelli for claiming her giraffe kill was 'ethical'
iJobs Food & Drink
Circa £26,500 DOE: Guru Careers: An International Project Coordinator / Accoun...
£25k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Plumber / Mainten...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...